Connecting Christians on campus through student-led Bible study
They are weekly student-led on-campus Bible study clubs that legally meet before and/or after school for 45 minutes to one hour. Students lead, encourage and pray for one another and study a one-page scripture-filled lesson that equips them to live a hope-filled life.
Christian student-led clubs are protected by law through the Federal Equal Access Act.
No! We partner with or encourage youth minister coalitions (YMC) to form in the youth communities we serve and connect students who are unchurched into area churches that best meet the needs of their families. S3 unifies the local Christian community.
Lots of stuff & it’s all led by students!
- Students check in and have a snack!
- Students mingle- some weeks there are games, music or activities that relate to the lesson.
- A prepared Student leader facilitates the weekly lesson. Sometimes students may break into small groups to encourage better participation.
- Students wrap up and pray together.
All intermediate/middle/high school students! Many S3 clubs get their start from a Big Send-Off party hosted by parents at the end of their child’s elementary school experience
Yes! Here are some examples:
- S3 high school clubs may have large school events featuring a dynamic Christian guest speaker and/or band in the high school gym, auditorium or football stadium. Students often will enter into a relationship with Christ during these events.
- Student Leadership Team meetings
- Special parties throughout the year where students build relationships within their club. Community service opportunities
- Back-to-school and End-of-year events
The Club Coordinator, who is appointed by the church, oversees the weekly operations of the S3 club.
No matter where students are in their relationships with Christ, S3 exposes them to a whole new way of living through rich Biblical truth. S3 is a place where students learn to articulate their Christian beliefs and grow closer to the Lord. S3 also gives kids the opportunity to develop friendships and acquire leadership skills. Every S3 club has a Student Leadership Team. S3 helps students make a positive difference in their school!
S3 provides an additional avenue for your youth to develop Christian leadership skills and own their faith on their public school campus. Strengthened with hope and joy, your Christian students will be encouraged and equipped to successfully navigate a secular world without compromising their faith due to peer pressure or discouragement, thus leading others on their campus to trust Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.